Cashew nuts are actually seeds that adhere to the bottom of the cashew apple, the fruit of the cashew tree, which is native to the coastal areas of northeastern Brazil. Cashew apples, while not known in the U.S., are regarded as delicacies in Brazil and the Carribean. The seed we know as the kidney-shaped cashew "nut" is delicate in flavor and firm, but slightly spongy, in texture.
Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
1. Good body builder
2. Cashew has no cholesterol.
3. Cashew helps maintain healthy gums and teeth.
4. Cashew is an energizing food.
5. Cashew contains healthy monounsaturated fat that promotes good cardiovascular health, because monounsaturated fats reduce high triglyceride levels which are associated with increased risk for heart disease.
6. Cashew is rich in antioxidants that help in the elimination of free radicals that may cause some cancer.
7. Magnesium works with calcium to support healthy muscles and bones in the body. It also helps promote normal sleep patterns in menopausal women.
8. Cashew nuts have a high energy density and high amount of dietary fiber, both have been attributed to a beneficial effect on weight management, but only when eaten in moderation.
9. Cashew's has high copper content is vital in energy production, greater flexibility in blood vessels, bones and joints.