Watching the sun coming up or going down, through your tent is mesmerizing. However, as the dark heightens, you would be in a desperate need of any light source. Whether you are coming back to your tent or cooking something with your group, a lantern or flashlight would be highly essential. Moreover, it would also make sure you don’t accidentally barge into someone else’s tent! LED Torches are now available in many shapes and sizes. You can buy them based on batteries, gas, and even fuel. Almost all of these torches use LED flash bulbs which are highly energy efficient as well.
Outdoor lighting can be broadly divided into three different categories – flashlights, torches, and lanterns. Lanterns are more energy-efficient as they operate on gas and solar energy. There are top brands like Captcha, Auslese, JAYDON, Kawachi, JAZAM, Metroz, Pickadda, Ryder, and many more which provide some extra features too. These torch flashlights and lanterns are generally made of plastic, and metal. Some of them also use materials like aluminum alloy, while others also contain Titanium. While choosing plastic ones, there are shock resistant products which are a better option.
• Generally, most of the lanterns are operated on regular alkaline batteries which further depends on the size of the torch. LED Torches with wider spotlight use D type batteries, while the narrower spotlight torches would use AA batteries.
• Rechargeable torches are operated by Lithium-ion batteries which are rechargeable through any of the power resources like an adapter. Although these LED torch lights would have a lesser usage as compared to the battery powered ones.
• Types of bulbs also define the levels of brightness and each type would determine the output of light, its projection and consumption. The power of torch flashlights is measured in Lumens. To light up the camps, a luminosity of up to 150 lumens is more than sufficient.
• Lantern torches are best torches for lighting up the whole campsite. Lanterns need a proper ventilation system hence they are not safe for in-tent lighting. They also get heated up which might catch fire. So, it is recommended they should be installed outside the camps. They have the power to light up the whole campsite.
• Incandescent bulbs are one of the most common types of bulbs which can be operated by passing an electric current through filament on nitrogen gas. However, they don’t have much power.
• LED torch flashlights are the ones which are most energy efficient and have longer burning time too. Since they produce a white light, they also emit more heat – but they last longer than others.
You can purchase torch lights at attractive prices from various brands at Paytm Mall. With a wide variety of bulbs, battery options, colours, and brands available – your next camping trip would be an amazing light affair. Moreover, you can also pack your bags with other camping essentials like hiking tents, knives, gloves, and ropes. The best part of purchasing these items together is that you get cashback offers and discounts.
This data was last updated on 2021/04/17