One of the most important uses of a headlamp is the hands-free convenience of doing just about anything. Whether you are going on a hike in pitch dark, cooking something in your tent, or just searching for a lost item in the dark – a headlamp can be your savior. Purchasing a head torch also depends on the intensity of the adventure you are seeking. If you are cycling on a track at night, or completing that last hiking stretch, you would need high beam to provide enough light. In others, you can also adjust the beam based on how much light you need. There are LED headlamps which save energy and go on for long durations without charging.
In general, there are two types of head torches – flood beams and spot beams. Flood beams are for lighting up the broader areas. Whereas, spot beams are the ones which narrow down the areas and provide a more focused approach. There are many brands like Epyz, Indo, Magideal, Metroz, BALIRAJA which manufacture such LED head torches. Some of them also provide extra features like resistance to dust and water which can also be used underwater. Others have a pivoting mount which lets you adjust the angles along with a locking feature that doesn’t let it switch on while bouncing in your bag.
• Adjusting the beams are coupled up with various brightness levels and modes based on which you can buy the best headlamps:
• Headlamps are measured in lumens – this generally means the higher the lumens, higher the light would be. However, more lumens would also mean, the lamp would be draining more battery.
• Almost all the types of headlamps are equipped with low and medium levels of adjusting the brightness. Low mode can be used for carrying out general tasks, while medium is simply for increasing it a bit more. Whereas, the higher beam mode is usually found in more expensive and high-end products.
• Some of them are also equipped with a strobe which are usually used by cyclists. Such mode can also come as handy during emergencies, working as a signal for help in a serious situation.
• Another mode is boost mode. Though it lasts for only a few seconds and drains the battery, it can be beneficial for those who need extra caution while hiking in the night.
• Some LED headlamps are embedded with both core chargeable battery as well as changeable ones. While others have either one of them.
• LED headlamps also have a run-time listed on it. Some of these can work for more than the limited run-time, but they would start dimming after some time.
Whether you want a head torch for carrying out tasks in your garage, or on a camping trip – you can find the best products at Paytm Mall for all your needs. There are different filters to choose from colours, suitability according to men, women and teens. Additionally, if you are planning for some underwater sports you can also buy goggles and sunglasses and avail great discounts and cashback offers by bundling them together.
This data was last updated on 2021/04/19