Kitchens are full of utensils and appliances, allowing us to do everything from cooking to cleaning dishes. However, one of the most overlooked aspects in a kitchen is the towels. Kitchen towels have unlimited uses, and can even be classified as tools in the kitchen! That might sound a bit odd, but the fact is that anyone with a decent data of the purposes of kitchen towels can find endless ways to use them.
One the most reliable and utilized accessory for a chef, especially in a professional situation. A lot is going on at one time in a kitchen, so chef kitchen towels need to be able to sustain recurring use.
They are used to wash and dry off dishes. These are particularly handy to wipe washed utensils to speed up the drying process or to prevent water spots from forming on the utensils. .
These are very absorbent and do not leave any mark out of lint.
This can also be used to give things like scones and muffins when placed in a dish, or cover teapots.
Kitchen towels come in different materials.
• Cotton It is the most used material for kitchen towels, soft, and very absorbent. The majority of towels are comprised of cotton, although the stitching or weaving may differ.
• Linen This material is usually found in beautiful towels which are thinner and are better used as decoration.
• Microfiber These made from tiny mini-fibers that work to help lift dirt and food off of surfaces. These towels are good for a clear-out but tend to be less durable when it comes to using them as a general kitchen towel. They can also be less absorbent.
Kitchen towels are considered to be one of the most multi-purpose “tools” you can have in the kitchen. When a kitchen towel is made of right high-quality materials, you can use it for various purpose.
1. Drying Up Spills and Liquids The first use that comes to mind when you think of kitchen towels is wiping up spills and liquids. A proper kitchen towel is thick making it easy to neatly soak up spills on the counter, or excess fluids in the food area.
2. Cleaning and Drying Dishes If you are hand washing dishes or if you have a bunch of hand-wash only cookware, kitchen towels make it all easier. The width of the towels and high levels of water retention make them great for both washing the dishes and drying them.
3. Drying Hands If you are in the middle of cooking or need to dry your hands after washing them in the sink, a durable, soft kitchen hand towel is always good to have around.
4. Improvised Pot Holder It’s forever best to use a proper pot holder when managing hot cookware and plates, but a strategically-folded kitchen towel can come in very useful when you are in need of a fast pot holder to use when grabbing something out of the oven, or pan
5. Drying Vegetables and Herbs Just place the leafy greens into your clean kitchen towel, and slowly roll it up and twist to remove excess moisture. The sheet can also be used to tap water off greens.
6. General Clean-up Kitchen towels are of course a fantastic option when cleaning the kitchen up.
There is slight distinctiveness you should keep in mind when shopping for a new kitchen towel.
● Wrinkle Resistance: These towels will always look clean and ironed even after heavy use, or right out of the dryer.
● Style: Style is critical. Simple, textured, these are just a few of the options you have available.
● Color: This is an extension of the style facet. Many kitchen towels come in white but the colored ones are equally popular.
Paytm Mall provides you an assortment of kitchen towels, in colours and materials of your choice. Browse the website and choose the kitchen towels from the comfort of your home. Get them delivered to your doorstep and stock your kitchen with these multi-purpose ‘tools.’
This data was last updated on 2021/03/09