A printer is a very common machine that is used majorly in offices and nowadays in our homes too. Once your computer or laptop generates a ‘print’ command, the execution of the order is done by the device called the printer. To define, a printer is a machine that accepts a command from a computer related to texts and graphics and puts the information on a paper, different sizes of paper.
When the printers were invented, the printers are divided into 2 type’s basis the size, the speed, the make and the cost – the Inkjet printer and the Dot Matrix printer. These printers were further sub-divided into the color and the Black & White printer. With the advent of technology came the laser printers.
Today, however, there are various types other than the above two
a. Label printers
b. Ink Tank printers
c. Photo printers
d. Large Format printers
e. POS printers
f. Photo Lab
Printers these days are not limited to print only on papers. There are other uses of this machine today:
i) Helps create your own labels of any size and design
ii) A printer helps transfer images onto other material than paper like the wood, cloth or the metal
iii) Print on gift bags, napkins, cakes etc.
iv) Print on T-shirts or any other cloth
While choosing a printer for the home or the office is no easy deal, one needs to keep the following in mind:-
a. The foremost is the quality of the printer – inkjet, dot matrix or laser type – that fits your requirement. If you require lots of good quality printing of presentations, graphics, photos etc. You need to go in for a high-end printer. If it is basic printing of text, then a dot matrix or inkjet should do good for you.
b. Speed – not only the quality of printout but also the speed at which the task is performed is necessary to check. The images per minute and the pages per minute specifications will denote the speed of the machine.
c. Printout size – is it the standard A4 size, or is it a label, cardstock, blueprints etc. that needs to be printed needs to be looked at before buying a printer d. The cost of the refilling and replacing the ink cartridge, toner and paper also need to be calculated. All this will depend on the volume of use and quality of prints that you require.
e. Will the printer need to work on a network? In such a case would it be the Wi-Fi network or the cabled LAN network? Is it compatible with the networking at your office and home? – Answer these questions too while selecting the printer.
f. The latest printers are all USB compatible and can work effectively with computer or laptops with Windows 98 or XP or more and Mac 8.1 or higher.
g. The company warranty period is a critical factor. A minimum of a year’s warranty is good to start with.
h. For printing of high-resolution images, you need a higher version of the printer. Does the printer have in-built slots for digital camera cards and memory sticks?
i. Lastly how easy or difficult is the set-up process for the printer is important.
The company Epson has separate printers for home and office. At home, the Epson printers are of the Inkjet type and Label printers. The ones meant for offices have been divided into Business Inkjet printers, Ink Tank printers, Photo printers, Dot Matrix printers, Label Printers, Large Format printers, POS printers and Photo Lab.
We are discussing the features of few of the Epson printers here for ready reference:
1. The Epson Printer L1800 A3 Photo Ink Tank:
• 6 photo ink bottles (Cyan, Light Cyan, Magenta, Light Magenta, Yellow, Black) that yield up to 1500 4R photos,
• print speed of 15ppm, high-yield ink bottles,
• warranty of 1 year or 30,000 pages,
• borderless printing,
• photo quality images up to A3+ in size;
• Superior color, shade, and tone due to Epson Micro Piezo™ printhead.
• Easy mess-free refills.
• Special tubes in the printer for smooth flow of ink.
2. Epson Printer L4160 Wi-Fi Duplex All-in-one Ink Tank:
• Integrated tank design making it the sleekest machine with the smallest footprint amongst all brands of Inkjet printers;
• Spill-free refilling as individual bottles have nozzles that fit only into their respective tanks;
• Auto-duplex printing that allows printing automatically on both sides of the paper with a print speed of 33 ppm,
• can take print command over Wi-Fi network, be it mobile phones or laptops;
• at the same time, four devices can be connected to the printer without a router,
• Use of pigment black ink that produces water and smudge-resistant printouts,
• Borderless Printing up to A4 size,
• Warranty of 1 years or 30,000 pages, whichever comes first;
• color LCD panel for setup and PC-less operation.
3. Epson Printer L130 Ink Tank System:
• low running costs available at affordable and reasonable prices;
• print speed up to 8.5 images per minute for black-and-white and 4.5 images per minute for color print,
• 1-year warranty or 15000 prints whichever comes first,
• the set comes with 40 ml ink bottles of 4 colors of Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black;
• special tubes inside to ensure smooth and reliable ink flow at all times,
• Occupies lesser space at home or office.
4. Epson Printer L6170 Wi-Fi Duplex All-in-one Ink Tank:
• borderless printing up to A4 size;
• improved speeds;
• new tank design has the smallest footprint amongst all brands of ink tank printers,
• spill-free ink refilling and auto-duplex function,
• 15 images per minute for black & white and 8 images per minute for color printout,
• Ethernet, and Wi-Fi printing;
• Warranty of 1 years or 50,000 pages, whichever comes first,
• Automatic Document Feeder,
• LCD Screen, Print scan, and copy function
5. The Epson Label Works models work by
• Connecting to a computer or Mac;
• Supports 8-line printing;
• QWERTY keyboards.
• Label editing software,
• Stores up to 100 custom label designs.
6. The Epson Work-Force Pro WF – C869R
• suitable for an office is equipped with a Replaceable Ink Pack System (RIPS),
• Prints up to 86,000 pages in black or 84,000 pages in color.
• print speeds of up to 35ppm
• Epson Connect,
• Duplex Printing,
• Ethernet & Wi-Fi Direct,
• Print Up to A3+.
7. Epson printer Dot-Matrix type
• heavy-duty printing at low cost
• require occasional ribbon replacement
• Epson developed ESC/P is the world standard for dot matrix printer control which means that these printers can be connected and used with any platform, software or network.
8. Epson Picture Mate PM-520 Photo Printer
• connect wirelessly to the printer,
• Print pictures and share them instantly.
• Prints are borderless
• Epson Micro Piezo™ technology ensure extraordinary print quality
• LCD screen
• Print speed up to 36 seconds
• Rechargeable battery option,
• Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Epson Connect
• Lightweight and portable
• Warranty - 1 year to 13,000 prints whichever comes first,
The state-of-the-art Epson printer models with Wi-Fi and Epson Connect features allow one to print any document from anyplace in the world through:
• Epson iPrint - Print directly from your smart device or online cloud storage services.
• Epson Email Print - Print to any Email Print-enabled Epson printer from any device or PC with email access.
• Remote Print Driver - Print to a compatible Epson printer anywhere in the world via the Internet using a PC with a Remote Print driver or from mobile devices via the Epson iPrint app.
• Mopria™ Print Service - Conveniently print across different brands of printers from mobile devices running Android OS 4.4 or later.
• Scan to Cloud – Share your scans through email or store them online in cloud storage services.
• Apple® AirPrint™ - Print directly from your Apple devices.
• Google Cloud Print™ - Print directly from an Android™ Smartphone, tablet or PC using your Google account.
One can get the best prices in India for the Epson printer at online sites including Epson’s company website as well as Paytm Mall. At the virtual mall created by Paytm Mall, you can access the features and price points for all major printer manufacturers like HP printers, Epson printers, Canon printers, Brother printers, Samsung printers, Kyocera printers and Ricoh printers. Since this is another industry which is technology driven and the latest models from all the companies are equipped with the best and finest features, you need to read through and understand the performance. In case it is a bit technical, it is always a good idea to speak to customer support and engineers at the respective brands. Once the technicalities are clear, focus on the financials – the cost, the discounts, deals like cash back offers, other services like free a demo and free deliveries! The Epson printer prices will be one of the best deals that you will get online at Paytm Mall. Avail the same and start your journey of high-tech printing!