Of all the different types of printers available in the world today, the most commonly used printer is the Inkjet printer. The best part about them is that they are available at affordable and reasonable prices as well as some of the inkjet models are quite expensive too. In 1970s four companies started with manufacturing the inkjet printers and they have been the trendsetters in the printer business ever since. They are Canon printers, Epson printers, Hewlett-Packard (HP) printers and Brother Printers.
The Dot matrix printer on the other hand is a printer where the printer head moves left to right or up and down motion on the page and that prints when an ink-soaked ribbon is pushed against the paper by the alphabets just like a typewriter. IBM was one of the first companies to introduce the dot matrix printer (non-impact).
Laser printer uses the laser beam to print high quality images onto paper and other medium. Xerox was the first to introduce this printer in the market in 1970s and later all the major companies have introduced this range of product too.
The advantages of the Inkjet printers are:-
• They operate with lesser noise as compared to the dot matrix printer.
• The print is of finer quality because of higher resolutions. They are in fact the best when it comes to color photo pint-outs at reasonable prices.
• One can print photographs and images with these printers vis-à-vis the dot matrix printer
• Unlike the laser printers, the inkjet ones do not need warm up time
• Cost of printing is lower compared to the laser printer
• Some of the high-tech inkjet printers today can print on textiles, ceramic, signage, bio medical printing, 3-D printing etc at great speed
The disadvantages of the inkjet printers are few like:
• Narrow inkjet nozzle are likely to get clogged with rapid and long drawn use of the printer
• The quality of the ink is an important criteria that need to be checked as with poor quality ink the print quality will also suffer
• Some of the inkjet printers have built-in microchips that are programmed to send out warning signal to the user on low ink levels. Sometimes it has been found that the ink levels at this stage when the machine shows an error message can still be used to generate medium quality printouts.
• For volume printing of text or document printing, it is better to use the dot matrix printer for low quality prints and the laser printer for high quality prints. It is economical to use the laser printer as replacement of the cartridge is not a regular affair with this printer.
• The inkjet printers specializing in photo printing can mean costly maintenance firstly because they are not effective for word printing and secondly because color ink cartridges are costlier. It is always advisable to buy the color printer with multiple color cartridges which can be replaced individually.
Canon India started its operation in India in 1997 and is a 100% subsidiary of Canon Singapore Pte Ltd. Its main expertise is in the area of digital imaging - its products range from printers to cameras to copiers to fax machines to projectors, scanners and lots more. The manufacturing facilities are all compliant with the latest ISO and OHSAS certifications.
Other than technology Canon is also globally recognized for its contribution to CSR activities. Canon India has adopted 4 villages in the 4 regions of India and takes full responsibility of development of these villages in the area of environment, eye care, education and empowerment. It also works closely with SOS children’s village for providing education and growth opportunities to the under-privileged kids. Canon has also adopted greener manufacturing technologies to help sustain the environment.
The Canon printers are divided into:
• Laser printer further sub-divided into single function and multiple function
• Inkjet printer
Canon printer: The Laser single function printer is meant for quality printing at your home or office. Few features of this machine are:
• Small size – the Laser Shot model is ideal for homes and offices that are cramped up and are pressed for space
• Short warm-up time: the Laser Shot model has a thin film which is heated by a ceramic heater and hence printing can be done at the press of the button
• High quality printing
• Color and black-and-white printers
• A4 to A3 size printing of documents
• Easy to set up and access by any computer on the network
Canon Printer: Laser Multi-function machine is meant for printing, copying, scanning and faxing at offices. Few features are:-
• Duplex Automatic Document Feeder facilitates copying, scanning, faxing and printing double sides of the paper. This saves time and paper.
• Color as well as black-and-white option
• High speed printers
• High resolution
• Canon’s On-Demand Fixing technology transfers heat only when the printer is printing which means less warm up time and printing instantaneously. This helps reduce power consumption by up to 75% which means lower operating costs and lower bills.
• Sleek LCD control panel for ease of use
• UFR II Lite Technology that coordinates and integrates the computer and the printer for shared job processing.
• The in-built RAM helps faster document processing Canon Mobile solutions helps the scanning, printing photos, web pages, document printing from iPhone, iPad or Android smart phones and tablets with the Canon laser single-function and multi-function printers.
Canon Printers: Inkjet type features as below:
The PIXMA Inkjet series with single and multi-function: The single function models are for printing tasks. Good for volume printing for A4 size papers; black-and-white and color options; compact and affordable; the PIX ip110 is wireless mobile printer. The multi-function ones specialize in three or more tasks – print, scan, copy and fax; A4 size paper; Wi-Fi and Wireless options; high volume printing options for some.
The MAXIFY Inkjet series with single and multi-function: the single function type is for printing task. Low running costs; A4 size paper; good for wired or wireless LAN networks. The multi function one is suitable for print, scan, copy, fax with wired or wireless LAN; up to A4 size papers.
Printing of images and pictures by connecting through mobile connectivity is easier with the Canon printers. With Canon Print Inkjet/Selphy app integrated with the Canon Inkjet models’ Cloud Link, it’s an experience to get photos from online medium and mobile devices for scanning and printing.
Canon has a policy called Canon’s Cartridge Recycling program where in customers can drop off a used cartridge at one of their store locations or have it collected from their home or office if there are more than 10 used cartridges that need to be disposed of.
With the Japanese brand putting in years of research and development to keep upgrading their product features and output quality, the Canon printer prices should not be the main criteria for buying or not buying this highly tech-driven machine. However, since pricing does become one of the deciding factors to go ahead with a particular brand and model, it is imperative to compare the Canon printer prices online at the Canon official site as well as the other e-stores that deal in digital imaging devices. Also while deciding do dwell on the fact that buying the device upfront does not really stop expenses. In fact the refilling of cartridges and replacing them with newer ones are more cost bearing. Canon India sells the company manufactured ink cartridges, ink bottles, paper and toner cartridges for use with the Canon printers. It is prudent to use the company manufactured parts rather than replace or refill with cheaper varieties that are locally made. It will surely hamper the output quality. It is therefore important that while using the printers one uses it to the optimal strength and capacity.
While online medium will give you easy access to all the features, specs and other details of the printers the same cannot be achieved while shopping off-line. It’s the best medium for drawing a comparative of the product features, performance, technical output and pricing. The best prices in India for printers are generally available online. You can view the product demos nowadays at the online sites. No need to call the company representative to come and show how the product works and explain the features. Though it is advisable always to check out the features of the shortlisted ones before making the final purchase.
Shop for Canon printers online at Paytm Mall! Make your boss happy with the best deals, best discounted pricing and cash back offers that the Mall offers all the year through. Check through brands like HP printers, Epson printers, Brother printers, Samsung printers, Kyocera printers before making the final decision. Bring in a Canon printer home and let your child carry the best printed presentations to school. Let him be proud of his home work and holiday work when he is able to put up the finest quality pictures and images for the class to pat his back!
This data was last updated on 2021/03/08