The Japan based Brother Group started its operations in 1908 with repair of sewing machines. Since then for over 100 years now the company has diversified into production of various sewing machines and print & imaging devices. It operates at present in 44 different countries and has 17 production factories worldwide. Brother International (India) Pvt Ltd, headquartered in Mumbai, started its operations in India in 2006. The company charter places the customer first before all other aspects and hence has won the iF Design Award number of times that recognizes aesthetically built designs with greener policies. Bothers Group has also been awarded various awards by PCMag surveys for customer satisfaction
The company also works a great deal for sustenance of the environment. It planted about 100 saplings in Mumbai in the year 2015 as trees help reduce pollution. It also works closely with NGO’s for donating food, dress and study items to the under-privileged factions of the society. Brother Group has also now entered the electrical energy industry by researching on the fuel cell that makes use of Hydrogen gas.
Though Brothers India has its own showrooms at major cities in India, the products are also available online the best prices in India.
Some interesting features of Brother Printers:-
• One interesting feature of the Brother printer is production of the recyclable toner cartridges that would perform as good as new cartridges that further strengthens their focus on saving the environment.
• The PocketJet Series of printers that is so compact that they can fit into a briefcase or computer bag easily. It is recharged using rechargeable batteries, an AC adapter or vehicle adapters. They are easily connected to the laptops, tablets, computers and smart phones through USB and Bluetooth. They use Direct Thermal Printing Technology to print high quality text and graphics with any need of ink, toner or ribbon.
• Download the Brother’s App and you don’t need the laptop or your computer for printing. Get connected through mobile connectivity and take printouts of any textual document or image or photograph without any second though.
• Install a compatible Brother device at your home or office and print & scan from and to your smart phones and tablets. There is no problem whatsoever in integrating the different operating systems.
• Few of the Brother devices have the WebConnect function through which you can directly order for printing from your social media sites or upload scanned documents and photos to these sites.
Brother Group manufactures the single-function and the multi-function Brother printers with features as mentioned below. As customer satisfaction is of prime importance to this brand, you can be sure of the quality of output and innovative features. However, it is always a better idea to compare features with other competitors like HP printers, Epson printers, Canon printers, Samsung printers, Ricoh printers and Kyocera printers.
The single function Brother Printer Laser type is characterized by:
• Only print function up to 21 ppm for letter size and up to 20 ppm for A4 size paper
• 1 year warranty period
• Print resolution up to 2400x600 dpi
• Plain and recycled paper for the paper tray Connected through hi-speed USB 2.0
The Brother Printer single function laser printer with duplex double side print facility:
• Printing job
• Can print up to 32 pages/minute for letter size and up to 30 pages/minute for A4 size
• One year warranty
• Plain paper, thin paper and recycled paper type
• Both side printing for A4 size paper Connected through hi-speed USB 2.0
The Multi-function type Brother Printers are characterized by:-
• Inkjet type
• Print, scan and copy functions
• For paper types – plain, inkjet and glossy paper
• 1 year or 30000 pages warranty
• 1200x6000 dpi resolution
• Borderless printout for A4, Letter
• Black-and –white & Color printer
• USB connectivity
• Color scanning
• The temperature for Best Print quality is between 20° C to 33 ° C
There are the other models with fax functionality; the automatic 2 sided functionality; low cost InkBenefit cartridges; Refill Tank System; Automatic Document Feeder; Wireless Networking.
comparative of the Brother Printer price with that of the other brands will help you understand the price points vis-à-vis the technical specs of the products. Expensive models do not mean better performance and vice-versa. One needs to properly evaluate all aspects of the product models under consideration and then go ahead accordingly.
While selecting the printer be sure to check for parameters like:-
The operating system of the computer and the OS that’s supported by the printer. Check the user manual for all the technical specifications before taking the leap.
Decide if a black-and white printer is okay or you need a color. Most of us would eagerly go ahead with the color printer but if the requirement is really not very high and it’s textual in nature then a laser printer single function should suffice - its prudence then not to block the money by purchasing a color model.
Do you require the scanning and copying functionalities or there is already an in-house scanner/copier in the office.
Does the printer have a memory card because it would mean that your visit to the local photographer’s shop for printouts of photographs is reduced considerably?
Is a wireless printer really needed or a normal one will do? A wireless printer might cost more at the point of purchase but eventually its updated technology and futuristic.
Once the above factors are decided you can then compare the prices and budget as per your pocket.
Some other important points that are worth considering before making the final selection -
• The annual maintenance costs and costs involved in buying new ink cartridges and toners or refilling the present ones. Most companies provide warranty for a required period but what beyond that? With business it’s generally the IT department that takes care of the AMC’s etc. and at times a service engineer on contractual basis is hired too but for individual buyers this point is not to be ignored at all.
• The space that is allocated for keeping the printer in the office or at home has be gauged before- hand. This point too cannot be missed so it’s important to study the map plan of your office or home and placements of other requisite devices in the area. It is only then that you will be able to choose the correct-sized printer – one that which will not be an obstacle in the normal working of the office or at home.
Though branded products are generally priced on a higher side, it’s always a better idea to check and compare prices online. The most reasonable and affordable prices are generally at online stores rather than the sales and marketing teams who will negotiate to give a better deal. Also while checking for product specifications online, there is an added advantage. Each product category and the particular products are also reviewed from time to time by not only industry experts but also common buyer whose buying experience started out similar to yours and mine. While the expert touches on points that would define the technicalities and features in details, the layman buyer and now the user will give genuine feedback from his experience of using the particular product. His insights will let you rate and compare products better. So it better to respect these comments and make them a part of your decision.
Before you start working on your printer follow some steps to make sure that it’s a comfortable journey from here on:
• Make sure the printer is plugged to electric power on one side and on the other hand with requisite computer machine and its peripherals. A test page printout will ensure that things are working fine. There will be sounds from the printer on the ink moving around inside. Finally a message on the computer screen will inform things are fine and the printer is working properly.
• Next once the set-up process is completed open the page that needs to be printed. Open the web page if you want to take a printout from an online site.
• Chose the print option from the file option. Select the printer from the drop-down menu and press Ok.
Your printer has performed and your purpose of buying the Brother printer has been achieved.