Every sport no matter how basic or unpopular it might be is a chance for the sportsperson to express themselves through action and reaction. Some might call sport an art form, given that it requires both mental and physical grace as well as focus. However, in a sport like badminton, to express yourself perfectly, you need the right badminton racket. The perfect racket is almost like an extension of your own body. Therefore, we have paid extreme attention in bringing you shuttle rackets of all shapes, sizes and specifications so that you can choose the one that best suits your style and personality.
These are lightweight designed for recreational use, specifically built to allow beginners to get a feel of the grip and basic moves and work on their form. Their shafts are extremely flexible
These are medium-weight rackets with a less flexible shaft as compared to beginner rackets. Their “sweet spot” which is the best spot to hit the shuttlecock from, is smaller than beginner rackets, but still larger than advanced rackets
These rackets are defined by stiff shafts, high tension strings, small sweet spots - designed for increased control and precision over simplicity and convenience
One of the crucial aspects that helps in defining and strengthening the bond between you and your badminton racket is the brand chosen. Rather than focusing on the badminton racket prices, an enthusiast should spend more time in choosing the right brand for himself/herself. This is because brands themselves express their expertise and understanding of your needs in the make and model of a racket. By opting for brands like AVM, Classic, Arnawali Sports, Cosco, Hawk, Gamma, Yonex, and Kawasaki, you can be rest assured that you have made the right choice.
However, this is not the end of the story. There are several other aspects that play a major role in defining the perfect racket as per the needs, preferences and playing style of the individual. When buying a badminton racket online, make sure that you consider the following aspects:
- this property of a badminton racket is based on where its weight is located. Depending on your style and preferences, you can choose head-heavy, even balanced or head-light badminton racquets online
- manufacturers tend to categorize their rackets as either being flexible, medium or stiff depending on the degree of movement associated with the shaft. If you are a fast mover on the court, the stiff rackets are for you. If you move slow, then the flexible ones are better
- the weight of badminton rackets, denoted by U, is based on the type of player you are. For instance, 3U weight rackets are recommended for singles players while doubles players should choose 4U weight rackets.
- the shape of the head of your racket can either be isometric or oval. The shape of the head ultimately defines the size of the sweet spot, which is essentially the area on the head from where the shuttlecock can be hit with the maximum power. Isometric head frames tend to have a larger sweet spot as compared to oval shaped head frames.
- different rackets have different grip sizes. These usually differ from 2.75 inches (G6) to 4 inches (G1). Intermediate sizes include 3 inches, 3.25 inches, 3.5 inches and 3.75 inches. You should ideally select the grip size that allows for perfect and unhindered wrist and arm action, without the possibility of slippage.
- if you are a doubles player, make sure you go for a heavy-head racket, while if you are a singles player, a light-headed racket would suit you much better on the court.
Before you leave, we urge you to continue building up your customized and personalized badminton arsenal. You can choose to visit the badminton nets section to get yourself a practice net, or you can also turn towards the badminton bags section to provide a safe and comfortable home for your newly purchased racket. You can also leave all this behind and buy a ready to use badminton kit if you are looking for a faster albeit less customizable option.